Saturday, November 23, 2013

The getting there thing

I mentioned in this post that we're planning a trip to Mexico next Spring.

That won't, however, be Will's first time on an airplane.

That's happening tomorrow, when we head to California for Thanksgiving. No passport needed, although that was the joke during our wedding festivities. I supposedly told my pastor: "My fiancĂ© is from California, but don't worry, he's a good guy." I don't remember saying it, but I'm not surprised I did. California to me was another planet. Now I know you don't need a passport, just an appetite for some amazing food and your camera for some beautiful sights. I love California, and especially the Thomsens and Johnsons there!

Will's going to love it, too.

There's just one little thing between us and sunny CA that worries me.

The getting there thing.

How a one-year-old boy survives a six-hour flight across the country is a wonder to me.

All I can think is:

May he find the iPad interesting beyond a noise maker to bang against the tray table.
May he hearken back to eight weeks old and take a nap in my lap.
May we sit next to a mom who raised triplets.
May I have enough M&Ms to last until touchdown.
May little ears not pop, may little eyes be occupied, may little legs hang still.
If there are tears, let them be few.
If there are bumps, let them not startle.
If there are delays, let them prolong good naps.

May His mercy surround us as we trust in Him (Psalm 32:10).

I'll be away from the blog until December, flying to California, enjoying family, and celebrating the virtue that puts life in perspective.

Ready to go, Mom!

P.S. We signed a contract with a builder yesterday to begin building on the new property. Grateful doesn't even begin to describe it. 

3 comments:

  1. Well, hopefully all went well on the flight! Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's going to do great! He will be enthralled with the newness and excitement of the airplane. I will pray so anyway. I can't WAIT to see you and hear first hand about his first time in the airplane. Such a cute pic btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! he'll do just fine!!!! Wish i was on a plane to sunny Cali instead of this messy cold weather that's here this week.. cant wait to hear about the builder!

    ReplyDelete