Sunday, May 14, 2017

Snow boots and shorts

Remember these things.

The kids yelling for waffles in the morning and then fighting over who gets to push the buttons on the toaster.
"More milk, please" and "can I have my own coffee?" (After all, "I just want to do what I see you do, Mom," says Will.)
John's iconic come-here finger and then patting the floor for me to sit.
The sound of John yelling for "Whoa" (Will) and asking for him every time he wakes up.
John gathering up all three puppies from his bed before he'll let me lift him out. And his favorite blue puppy with the indented tail from so much love.
Finding rocks in the bottom of the washing machine and leaving a stick on the hood of the car at church so we can take it home with us.
Will asking to cook something, his cake concoctions and carrot slices and salads that he insists we all eat.
My feeling of apprehension every time Will says, "Ohhh, I have an idea!"
The sound of the power wheels tractors on a warm day.
John yelling "truck" from the back seat persistently louder until I acknowledge it, too.
Cereal snacks, the orange fish spoon from the cereal box, the bowls with the built-in straws.
Snow boots with shorts and hair that sticks up.
John's prayer at dinner: "Daddy. Amen."
"Five minutes" of Curious George before bed, and "will you check?" as I leave Will's room. "And bring water?"
Our 3 am snuggle habit.
Seeing "glitter" on the side of the road (instead of litter) and "gullets" for his toy gun. Too cute to correct.
Tiny pieces of torn-up paper trash all over the house, spillings from Will's garbage trucks.
"What can I do to earn a dollar, mom?"
Fake burps, even from the two year old!


...the mundane life of a mom with little boys. I know I'll yearn for it when they're big. Oh, to remember these things!

Mother's Day 2017

1 comment: