Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Ain't life grand?

Bless the child born to the mother unprepared for snow.


The first snow/ice storm of 2017 hit us early and hard this year. I didn't want to believe the warnings, and so I ignored them. Thank goodness for friends with kids (albeit girls--hence John's snow bibs above).

But before the snow storm of 2017, I left a lot of good 2016 memories undocumented. And so, here's a round-up of Will's 4th birthday, Great Grandpa's 100th birthday (whoa!), Halloween, Thanksgiving, and some sprinklings in between.

"I'm 4 and it feels so good!"





She's 99 and he's 100. Will heard me call them "Great Grandpa and Grandma,"
and later he must have translated "great" to "happy" in his head because he now calls them
"Happy Grandma and Happy Grandpa." It's perfect, and I'll never correct him.


Notice who's driving

The 2nd annual boys camping trip with friends

How grateful I am that Ryan has become such good friends
with my two best friends' husbands from college

Will never cared for stuffed animals. John, now that's another story. 


When Grandpa and Mati come to visit, there's lots to smile about.

...ice cream being one of them. 




The fair

Sweet friends whose mothers hope they'll marry. This is Hadley.

Sweetest of friends, Graham Laney, at his 4th birthday party.

Those arms can manage some pumpkins.

John has a signature worried look that we (unfortunately)
see often. With Ryan and Will in the mix, there always seems
to be something legit to be worried about. Honestly, I don't blame the little
fella. This was him watching Ryan cut down an old telephone pole
with a chain saw. I'm with ya, buddy.

Halloween 2016







In October, we had the quonset hut in the backyard taken down.
Will is in this photo. Wearing camo. Almost impossible to spot.

Life with my boys is this good. 


Thanksgiving 2016







Our beloved Mimi

Christmas pictures will be next! Before those, though, I just need to leave this right here.

Ain't life grand?


No comments:

Post a Comment