Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hello, welcome to Target

These days I have to make sure I put on my makeup before leaving the house. I will most certainly have a conversation with at least one person, and I'll nod, smile, and say hello to plenty more. As I'm sure other moms of babies can attest, there's nothing like strolling a one year old around in your cart to up your status on the popularity meter. I enjoy the attention (most days), but I do wonder what it is about a baby that takes me from just another Target shopper to just another Target shopper who everyone wants to talk to. I'm sure the best worst advice has something to do with it. And I'm sure most people are just genuinely happy when some cuteness invades their shopping trip to pick up toilet paper. Most likely, seeing Will and me (or any other mom and baby) brings back memories of when they were the one pushing the shopping cart with the smiling baby accessory inside.

Whatever the reason, I'll enjoy the attention as long as it lasts. On that note, I do wonder at what age Will will get before I again become just another Target shopper.

But let's not think about that.

Will, at Target, looking for more strangers to greet


3 comments:

  1. Depends on how outgoing he is! Leiana is still a random-stranger-magnet - even when we're out without Nathalie (who, of course, just charms everyone with her little wave and "hi"). But Leiana makes friends with EVERYbody. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a year or so, you may attract attention as you negotiate (put nicely) with Will about things he wants to buy or do in Target! ;) He will still draw smiles though.

    ReplyDelete