Monday, June 13, 2016

A California dream

Between the pickled pigs feet inside and the naked bikers outside, the sawdust covering the floor of Philippe's restaurant in downtown Los Angeles was an afterthought.

California. Only California.

Last Friday, Ryan and I boarded a plane, landed in CA, blinked twice, and headed back home. Between blinks, we saw Scott and Micala tie the knot in an occasion as stunningly beautiful as Scott and Micala themselves. Lest the weekend take the honor of the most beautiful and classy experience we've ever had, we managed to squeeze in breakfast at Philippe's, complete with that unexpected spectacle of naked people on bikes. Talk about a pendulum swing.

Although Monday has me rubbing my eyes, questioning whether the whole weekend really happened, or if I just had a good dream, seeing the Thomsen clan is always worth the time change. How boring my life would be without these trips, without these wonderful people I call family.

As a side note, Grandma likes pickled pig feet. I like Grandma. Does that mean I have to like pickled pigs feet?

Here's to the next CA trip! (Next time maybe a little longer, and I'll be sure to bring my bike.)

If you've ever seen a funnier picture, I want to know.
Photo cred to my favorite, Walter.






Typically, I like her taste in everything...







Meanwhile at the ranch...





...a big thanks to Jan, Richard, my dad, and Cathy for giving
the kids a better time than they ever have with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment