Saturday, January 23, 2016

Heart melter

I was putting clean socks in Will's drawer when I turned my head and saw him standing up. Not Will. John. John the baby.




The first time around, I anticipated moments like this like a third grader waiting for the recess bell to ring. Camera poised, enthusiasm seeping, never missing a moment -- however small that moment may have been.

But this time, to be honest, I'm just glad I was in the same room when it happened.

Late to recess, but at least I made it outside?

I love this boy more than words can say, and I've already apologized more than once to his future self for not recording the first time he coughed.

He's nine months now, and his favorite things are food and his blue puppy. Will and I are tied for third. (Daddy will trump us all once John takes his first lawn mower ride, so I'm enjoying my status for now.) He's crawling, pulling up on everything he can find, popping out a new tooth every time he wakes up (so it seems), refusing the bottle for real food, napping better than his brother ever did, and growing up faster than I wish he would. If I had the option of a pause button, I'd use it now. He won the "happy award" in church nursery last week for talking to the characters on his exersaucer, refusing sleep, but keeping his baby peers happily entertained.

Someone please give me a pause button.

These pictures pick up where these left off. Here's little John from five to nine months old (September to December 2015).

Heart, cue melting.

Love you, Johnnycat!






































No comments:

Post a Comment