Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas present

I've enjoyed reminiscing this month about Christmases past.

But let's not forget the present! There's a lot of good still to be had. Here's a glimpse of our Christmas present, 2013, complete with fried alligator and miniature work benches. Read on.

The family on Christmas Eve

Workbench Ryan made for Will

W-W-Wait a second... What's that?!

My new workbench

 

His sign language for More, or Help me, or I want. Or fill in the blank.

 
 

 
Oh dear Spatula, you're still my favorite thing


 
Christmas brunch

Anne Rogers, Aunt Susan, and Meg





Some of Ryan's clients gave him frozen alligator nuggets for Christmas.
AKA our Christmas lunch.

Alligator post frying. The verdict: Good! Tastes like chicken!
 
And Christmas dinner: Ryan's grilled pork ribs. Before.
 
After.
 
 
Molly Homemaker overtook me this year. My gifts to family were homemade
vanilla extract and zucchini bread.


 
It was a year for receiving meaningful gifts:
 

From Aunt Melissa: A Christmas bell ornament with "Christmas 2012" engraved
on one side and "Anne Pittman Hardison 6-9-1951 to 12-21-2012" engraved on the other.
 

From Aunt Susan

Uncle Bill wrote a book about his grandfather (my great grandfather)
and sent all of us a copy.


To me from Ryan, a new leather ESV Bible

And check this out:


Ryan brought the Coach store to me this year and let me choose my gift.


A gift for Ryan to use at the property
( = selfish gift-giving on my part)

To Ryan from Drew and Ashley

To Susan from Drew and Ashley

To Will from Josiah
And that's just a sampling of the gifts we received!

Thanks for everything, y'all!
  
Beating the post-Christmas blues at D&A's a few days
after Christmas.


Thank you, Lord, for Jesus.

And thank you, Lord, for family.

It was a real good Christmas present.

1 comment:

  1. This makes my heart happy! Loved seeing these pictures and recap of your family Christmas. You are truly blessed. ( Can't wait to see which purse you picked.)

    ReplyDelete