Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A sovereign I love you

I mentioned in my last post that Dad got a message from Mom on Saturday. It was an expression of God's extravagance toward us that we will never forget.

Here's the story in Dad's words, as he posted on his Facebook page on Dec. 22:

"One year ago yesterday, Anne went to be with the Lord. Yesterday, one year to the hour later, I had a minor chain saw accident. After returning from the ER, I was missing how Anne would dote on me whenever I was sick or injured.

While changing the dressing on my wound, I reached for one of several Ace bandages we had collected over the years. As I wrapped the bandage around my dressing, I saw, on the bandage, a piece of masking tape. On the tape, in Anne's crippled writing were the words, "I Love You! Anne".

Probably needless to say, I had a moment. Thank you Lord for revealing Your love and Anne's love for me with such perfect timing."
 

I dare say, Dad's favorite Christmas present this year.
 
Thank you, Lord.
 
Merry Christmas, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment