Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tireless Grandma Jan

Grandma Jan visited us last week. She stepped off the plane and brought a little California with her: a little sun and lots of cool, fresh ideas for entertaining a wound-up-from-winter toddler. It was like having Mary Poppins come to visit (which is fitting since we watched Saving Mr. Banks while she was here).

Grandma Jan was tireless, and when I say she brought cool, fresh ideas, I really mean it:

They made hats:




They made paper-bag armor:





For two afternoons, when Will went down for his nap, I headed out for Cameron Village and Crabtree, and I told Jan to nap while he napped (heck, it's what I do). When I got back, she had cleaned out and organized his toy basket instead. (Yeah, I was going to get around to that... uh... never.)

We lunched at Chick-fil-a:




And we finally remembered to bring carrots to feed the horses at the property:



Pay no mind to how close Will's finger is to also becoming the horse's snack.
God's grace manifests itself in so many ways! Even to beginner horse people
like Will and his parents!

And Jan was even brave enough to let Will feed himself yogurt:




A fun-filled several days, I'd say!

After we dropped her off at the airport to go home, Will and I went to the observation deck to wave goodbye to Grandma's plane. I was contemplating what to do with Will for the rest of the day when I got this text from Jan: Had a wonderful time. And I still have energy left!

Oh tireless Grandma Jan, thank you for your visit. We're going to need you to come again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment